Monday 21 September 2009

INFLUENZA




That headcold turned nasty. By Friday I was running a temperature but it's only Monday and I'm already on the mend. Out came all the remedies. Blues and flu's tea worked just as well as Paracetamol to bring down my temperature but tasted much nicer. The elderberry based flu tincture also tasted nice and cut through the gunge nicely. Potter's Vegetable Cough Remover was brilliant with the tickle. Eucalyptus, Thyme and Lavender oils inhaled over steaming hot water completely soothed my inflamed chest - always a weak spot with me. Eucalyptus oil on my pillow helped me to breathe through the night. Chest rubs with the same oils brought antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties to my lungs through my skin. I didn't smell of Chanel No 5 - my favourite perfume - but it was better than a chest infection or antibiotics. They bring you so low. Necessary sometimes but only if the above fail. Well - was it swine flu? How are we supposed to know? All the advice seems to be stay home, especially stay away from doctors, get yourself well and go back to work. They've even withdrawn the blanket Tamiflu. So thank goodness, yet again for herbs - hurrah! I'm on the mend and on the up. Damn that means I can no longer justify watching old swashbucklers in the daytime.........

No comments:

Post a Comment