Monday 30 September 2013

back to the 5:2 step

Okay I admit it. I'm ravenously hungry! Day one of the return to fasting and it's been a struggle. The fact that I had a summer - and a very long one - it's the 1st of October tomorrow - of indulgence is something I only reluctantly admit. 
Today I have eaten half an apple and a spoonful of goats yoghurt, 1 bowl of vegetable soup (home-made from garden vegetables minestrone spiced up with lots of chilli powder), 1 orange and 1 rice cake. I salivate as I write because under the grill sizzles a small salmon steak which I'm going to devour with some boiled vegetables.  Then, before I remember I'm still hungry, I'm going to work to give an aromatherapy treatment to one of my lovely clients. After that I'm rushing to bed, via a hot cup of herbal tea and going straight to sleep because, in the morning, it's time for TOAST!! with butter and home-made blackcurrant jam - I promise to stop at two slices....promise....

My one consolation is that I haven't regained the weight I lost last time I did a consistent bout of 5:2 fasting.  One more stone to lose and I'm done, it'll just be maintenance.  There's a long uphill slope to Christmas, will I make it?

No comments:

Post a Comment